Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Time with the Brothers
I had the chance to go to the cabin retreat that my brothers organize with the male members of the Baker clan. This time Kay could not go because of the surgery he had done on his hip recently. So I invited myself in his place. Let me tell you it was a blast from the past. I went fishing for over 5 hours one day. We just sat and looked at our poles. Fun huh! I really like to fish when those you fish with talk to you. I tried all kinds of getting to know you questions. Like what is the most recent book you've read? Comments: I don't read-I don't know-and every other excuse. So I tried conference addresses from last conference. I got a little better response but Jeff said it wasn't church. So I decided to put my ipod on and then I really got it for they started talking about me and my ipod ect. As put up with the teasing and when it was all said and done we started to catch fish then they were a little more talkative but it was mainly about the fishing and how to fish and what they were doing that caused them to get such a great fish. As you can tell from the pictures we did catch fish. We also watched baseball or should I say the guys watched baseball 2 of the nights. One day we went to West Yellowstone had dinner and then came back and watched Count of Monty Cristo movie. When we were ready to pack up and go home I felt like I had been blessed with a very unusual experience. When had I ever spent time with my sibilings without spouses, children, and parents? This was a first and I really enjoyed getting to know my brothers. We also got some projects done for the cabin. Jeff said that I asked to many questions. So it maybe the last of my cabin bonding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this post and love knowing that I will always be the big sister in my family too. How fun to spend time with your brothers without all the usual distractions and great job on the fish!! Did they make you cook everything?
Post a Comment