Sunday, April 22, 2012
Spring is My Favorite
Dearest everyone that reads my blog
As I walked home from church today I had to be grateful for winter because it makes spring more glorious. If we had moderate temperatures and no wind there wouldn't be such appreciation As the sun warmed my back and the trees are starting to leaf out into that lime green I hummed the primary song Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue blue sky. Only today the sky was filled with the puffy white clouds that only Idaho has in panoramic view. I can't help but say that I love Idaho. I know you all live in great places and that you have beauty where ever you look for it but today I appreciate Idaho. I think we will eat out on our new deck today.
Just another note for those that might be interested. We moved all of Grandma Baker's things out of her room in order for the construction project to go forward today. We decided that in order for her to stay in her home and prevent a dangerous fall we had to remodel her bathroom. If you have talked to her lately we are all in the dog house for deciding this for her. We know it is not going to be easy on her because change is hard. We think when she gets over being mad that she will like it and be grateful that she can just go through construction and not have to move completely out of her house to assisted care. It was alot of work to move things but we got her set up pretty good in my old room (purple window seat and all). I told her she was lucky to sleep in my old room. I checked with her this morning and she seemed to like the change of scenery and slept well. The project should last about a month or little more we hope. Jon is doing the cabinets and we think we are going to be making them a pretty robin egg blue. He is also going to make a wall of cabinets that will house her things from the desk area because they will make one walk in closet in that area since her bathroom will be as large as the dressing and closet area by her bathroom now. The cabinet will also have a gas fireplace and a place for her TV right above it. She is so resistant to change but if we are going to remodel in one place we have to remodel in another. She has a new bed that is a queen and has a foot and head raiser which makes it so nice for her to get in and out of bed since she was going through alot of pain just to get into bed. Well love you all. Thanks for keeping me informed with your lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Mmmmmmm, spring and fall are my favorites too. And I also am grateful to live where you are able to experience all 4 seasons, even if they are sometimes short. When those daffodils and crocus start peeking through the soil, I just breathe a sigh of relief. Spring is coming.....whew.
Love the new deck--it looks wonderful! We will hopefully get to eat dinner on your back deck with you someday this summer. I'm excited about the remodel too at Grandma's. Sounds like it will be both functional and beautiful.
Post a Comment