Right off we want you to know we feel blessed to have friends and family supporting us with correspondence and packages. TRULY missionaries love getting word and gifts from home. We feel so distant from life and what we knew and were so involved in. It helps to know that we have not been completely forgotten. Hope you know we think of you often and we feel your prayers in our behave.
So this past week has been busy at times and then at times we look for things to do. One thing we know is that the Lord watches over all that has to do with missionary work. The proof is in the pictures that I will post today. So we were helping move some things into the storage garages that the mission has. These garages house the extra apartment things and bikes and mattresses dishes lamps, furniture etc. as I was putting some things away I saw this kitchen aid mixer. I asked Sister Simes if it was the missions and she said yes. She then said do you want to use it. I know that several women that have come on missions bring their bread mixers of course I did not have room. So I now have a bread mixer. I have tried making bread without one and it works but it is so nice to have a mixer. I like to use fresh bread in my missionary work. Gave away a load yesterday to some apartment neighbors.
We took those same neighbors on a Tesla ride. He is on the cities transportation board as an enginee. He really likes the new innovation with electric cars. They don't know that they need the church yet. Hopefully we can just be good friends and teach them a little at time of our beliefs and that we live those beliefs. So many people believe but don't really have to commit to much they just go to church for social reasons and the ideas preached are nice to hear.
Another missionary effort was we got to visit with a member that lives in a care facility. He and his wife are about the same age as grandma. He can't drive any longer. His wife has been in the hospital. He has a care giver that he would like the missionaries to teach. Problem is his mind can't remember her name and he doesn't remember when she comes to help him. So we have not been able to meet her. But one thing we are doing starting last week is that we come and get him for church. He loved being with the people again and everyone knew him. I am sure he served in many ways in the ward. We do know that he was the ward mission leader at one time. We are glad to be able to help a stalwart member of the church. Last week he forgot we were picking him up and we found him in a nondenominational church meeting and had to get him out of that meeting. We pray we can meet his caretaker he feels she is a golden contact.
The next missionary experience comes from finding a lady that lived in our ward at home and ,over five years ago because she had a stroke and her oldest daughter took her to live with her. She left about five years ago. I also knew her from the art guild. So we got a call from a man in our ward at home asking us to look her up if possible because she has not had cotact with their daughters that live in IF,since she left. They don't know where she is and their older sister will not answer their calls or emails. So we used a program we just happen to hear about at a zone meeting from a senior missionary working Ina small branch in our mission. He was using a computer program called peoplesmart. I contacted him when we found out we needed to help this family find their mother. So in short we found her through this program and called her and we made a visit yesterday to the care center she lives in now. It just lets me know that the Lord helps in doing missionary work and in helping members. One funny thing was Sister Campbell asked us not to wear our missionary badges when we came into the building . She said that no one knows she is Mormon. So we didn't but I was sad for her that she is so distant from the church now that she ashamed to be a member. She said that she doesn't want any contact with the ward or branch. We didn't really get into why. I think she was losing her testimony even before she left our ward at home. She is a sweet lady but has some issues that she has not worked through. So we just loved her and visited with her and told her we would come back and visit and I could maybe paint with her some Saturday. She lives about an hour from Knoxville.
While we were in the area we visited hear Elders apartment and did an inspection. They had a great clean apartment and got a 30. Which is the best you can have. Thus they got their picture taken to be in the mission newsletter. Well this is a long letter so il just say goodby and we love you all! Mom,Grandma, Sister Christensen



1 comment:
Is that a Lularoe skirt I see??? So lovely
Post a Comment