Sunday, August 14, 2016

If You're Not Having Fun You're Doing Something Wrong

          We are still loving Tennessee even if it is in the 90's every day and doesn't cool off below 75 even in the early mornings.  We are getting used to the weather.  We have frequent thunder showers in the afternoons.  The rain cools the temperature down a few degrees but then it's even more humid.  I have to admit, I would like to take in a deep breath of cool Idaho morning air.
          Last week Cecile and I went to Zone Training Meetings in Kingsport, TN on Thursday and Asheville, NC on Friday.  We are enjoying our association with other missionaries and members.  I have been recovering from a ruptured disc in my back (it happened about 3-4 weeks ago while I got up out of the couch--suddenly).  So Cecile drove me to the Zone Training Meetings.  I'm stayed home on Monday and Tuesday to lay down so I didn't have to sit all day long at the office.  I am feeling a lot better now.  The Lord has blessed me.  I knew what was wrong with me so I just had to be patient and let it heal.  This next week will be a travel week again.  We have Zone Training in Chattanooga and Knoxville, and Cumberland, and Cookeville.  We'll be doing a lot of sitting again.  Cecile doesn't have to go with me every time but it was nice for her to drive me last week because of my back.
          On Saturday evening we went with two other senior couples to an Elvis Impersonation Concert in Oak Ridge.  There were three different performers--one did gospel music, one did the young Elvis, and the last one did his later years.  We went out to dinner first and then to the concert and really had a lot of fun.  By the way, Elvis has been dead for 39 years now.
          After Church today we had my friend Jim come over for Sunday dinner.  He is a man I met at the health club where we swim for exercise.  He was very friendly to me and invited me to join his group to go to breakfast on Wednesday mornings.  He is single (divorced) and we were able to have a gospel discussion with him.  He left with a copy of the Book of Mormon and a DVD called "Finding Faith in Christ".  He is a very nice man and is easy to talk to.  We hope he reads the Book of Mormon.  He said that he doesn't really like his church now--he just goes there because it's close and he knows a lot of people there.
           We are glad that we are serving a mission.  There are some excellent people we have met here and we know our lives are better from having met them.  We pray for you all.  Have a great week.

Elder Cushing, Elder Gannaway, Elder Fifita with us at our  apartment.  They are our Zone Leaders.


The Simes and the Coburns with us at the Elvis Concert

The Elvis Concert Stage



No comments: