Sunday, September 11, 2016

Fall May Be Starting

          It is still very hot in the daytime here in Knoxville but the evenings are starting to cool off just a bit.  The mornings are down in the 60s now.  That makes life easier for me, at least.  There is a hint of color change in the leaves and some trees like the Bradford Pears are starting to lose their leaves.
          Tennessee is a big football state.  Everyone loves the Vols here at UT.  When there is a game, like there was yesterday, the town is much less busy because everyone is at the game.  It's kind of nice to have the freeways less crowded during that time.  Cecile and I haven't gotten too excited about University of Tennessee football.  I do have a backpack with a big orange T on it however.
          Today at Church the Bishop called us out of Sunday School and called Cecile to be the choir director.  I was called to be the assistant.  The Ward here hasn't had a functioning choir for as long as we've been here.  We were called to at least get it going so we can have a good Christmas number.  I think Christmas is on a Sunday this year.  I think that will be nice to have Christmas on Sunday in the mission field.
          Last week we started another round of Zone Conferences.  We have 6 zones now.  We do 2 Zone Conferences one week and then 4 the next.  We did Kingsport Zone on Thursday and then Asheville Zone on Friday.  Cecile stayed here in Knoxville to help man the office and I went to the conferences with Elder Cleghorn, who is over the missionary cars.  I helped him transport cars back and forth to the missionaries.  I am teaching a lesson about safety and avoiding accidents to all the missionaries.  After the conference on Friday I took Elder Cleghorn to 12 Bones.  It is a great barbecue restaurant in Asheville.  Rob's family likes Piggys in Hendersonville, NC and we've been there too.  It's not too far out from Asheville.  Speaking of Hendersonville, we and 2 other couples will be spending Thanksgiving in Hendersonville.  We will be renting a home with 3 bedrooms there and spending a couple of days there.  We'll still be able to do our work because we'll have our cell phones with us.
          We have not been able to have anyone accept the gospel yet, but we are surely planting a lot of seeds.  We love teaching and sharing the gospel.  We do get some opportunities to do so.  We will be showing the Church video, Meet the Mormons to our neighbors tonight.  We are praying that this will lead to something good.  Even if not we are making lots of new friends.
          We pray for all of our family and friends every day.  We miss you all but we know that we are doing what we need to be doing right now.  The Lord is blessing us and we know that he is blessing you too.  Have a great week!
Love, Elder and Sister Christensen
PS  We didn't take many photos this last week but here is one.

Elder C at 12 Bones

No comments: