Sunday, November 6, 2016

HOPE

Dear Family and Friends,
          I learned at Church that hope is a desire for something you believe in mixed with an expectation that you will receive it.  This next week is our national election.  I have hope in the future of the USA.  I have this hope because this is the birthplace of the restoration of the gospel and the main reason the gospel is able to be sent all over the world.  I have hope in the future of the Constitution of the United States because is was God-given through inspiration and makes it possible for us to worship as we please.  I have hope in this nation because I know that God is in charge and rules in the affairs of men.  I know that whatever happens in the election we are still lead by a true prophet of God and He will continue to guide us through any trouble that arises.  So, don't forget to vote and "God Bless America".  I know He will bless America; this is the Promised Land.
          This past week was busy again with different things.  We spent a whole day traveling with two other senior couples to Tompkinsville, KY to move furniture into an apartment for a new senior couple, the Fletchers, from Canada.  They are here now and are serving as MLS (member-leader support) missionaries.  Tompkinsville is just across the Tennessee border into Kentucky.  There is a small ward there that needs building up.  We haven't actually met the Fletchers yet but will be able to meet them tomorrow when they come in to the mission office to meet with President Griffin.  We always have need of senior couples (hint-hint to all you mature couples out there).
          We spent a good part of another day serving lunch to the leadership of the mission.  We call this meeting MLC.  We served them a turkey dinner but instead of mashed potatoes we served baked potatoes.  There are about 30 missionary leaders in the mission.  It takes a bit of effort to serve that many.  We benefit in a couple of different ways.  First we get to rub shoulders with the missionaries and visit with them.  Second we get to eat with them.  I like that part.
          We will be starting Zone Conferences again this coming week.  We have 6 Zones--we'll do two this week and four next week.  Cecile and I each get 12 minutes to train the missionaries.  I am going to train on good health and nutrition.  The Prophet spoke on the Word of Wisdom this past conference so I'm going to use that as well.
          The weather is finally starting to cool off.  Until last week it was still into the 80s during the day.  Now it's only into the 60s.  I like the cooler weather.  The leaves are going fast now.  There are still some colors but it's going fast.  Tennessee is still very beautiful.

Have a wonderful week and know that we love you all.   Elder and Sister Christensen TKM

Cecile doing a sewing project on P-Day
Beautiful Fall Colors

No comments: