Sunday, May 14, 2017

Our last outting in the Applachians before we go home

Dear Family and friends,

On this mother's day I express my thanks for the wonderful women that are in my life and have influenced me and my family.  My own mother I continually thank the Lord for sending me to her.  I ask Him to bless her with what she needs as she has given such a great example for us to follow in enduring to the end.  Though I do not want her to leave I know that she wants to be released from the body that does not work like it use to.  Her mothering has influenced our children through me and through her role as grandmother to them.  I hope that I can follow her faithful ways to the end.  I also love having wonderful daughters and daughter-in-laws who influence our family through their bearing and nuturing our grandchildren.  How blessed we are to have good mothers in our family.  Mothers that share themselves with their families and others.  We know of the righteous influence they have on the Christensen Family.
My mother as Mrs. Santa

Every Halloween since 1983 we have a party with costumes.  My mother and father started this fun tradition.
Here is my mother not many years ago with my brother Gregg and his wife Barbara as character's
in Mary Poppin's.  Mother is the little old bird woman that calls to the birds
on the steps of St. Pauls.  Still such a love for her family and getting them together.



We had wanted to finish out our mission with one last trip to Abingdon Virginia to ride the Virginia Creeper.
So we stayed Friday night in a very fun hotel called the Carnigie Hotel.  The hotel  was furnished as if it was built in the early 1900's.  It has some interesting pieces of furniture and some beautiful windows of stain glass in the ceiling.






















Here is some nature as we rode the 17 mile trail on bikes.
We love these beautiful moutains and we will miss the places we have come to know.
But most of all we will miss the people we have come to love.













Dad is hiking the whole width of Applachian Trail















No comments: