Dear Family and Friends,
We only have about 2 weeks left before we go home to Idaho. I've decided that this is the Church definition of a dilemma. We miss home and want to go home, but we have grown to love Tennessee and will miss this place too. We surely are thankful that we've had the opportunity to be here to serve. We have made so many new friends. We have begun to feel the reality that we will be going home and we've started to send things home in packages because not all of it will fit into the car. I guess we've accumulated a bunch of things while here.
We had our West Hills District meeting last week and we decided to take them all out to lunch for the last time. We have become very close to some of the young missionaries. Many of them are going to BYU-I for college and we'll probably get to see some of them. I'm sure we'll get some wedding invitations from some of them as time goes on.
We visited with the Delaney's--Buster and Debbie--this last Wednesday. We have been teaching them the Gospel Principles lessons and taught them about the need for a Savior and the need for agency. It went very well. Buster is not a member and Debbie is a member but does not come to church. Buster spoke of his feelings for the Savior and we knew that we have been making a little progress.
A week ago Buster told me that he happened to have a welder for sale for $300. I don't even know how the subject came up but I've been wanting a new welder so I bought his and had it shipped home to Idaho. I guess that it will be there when I get home as a project for me to get it set up and to begin to use it.
President and Sister Griffin presented us with a beautiful statue of The Christus. This is a very nice gift which was a total surprise. We didn't expect any gift, let alone one of this expense. Anyway we had it shipped home this week too. I'm sure it will look nice in our living room or den. We are thankful to have had the opportunity to work with President and Sister Griffin.
Yesterday we went on a little adventure to see Bald River Falls. It is about 75 miles south of Knoxville in the Cherokee National Forest. It was so pretty there. We didn't stay long but we did take a few photos to remember this beautiful creation. These are the kinds of activities that we're really going to miss.
| My best traveling companion |
| Bald River Falls (much larger than it looks in this photo) |
Love, Elder and Sister Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment