Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter is going at a very slow pace here in Idaho. We still look like Christmas with about 7-8 inches of very crusty snow on the ground. We don't get to see many people when it is cold and snowy. Just Sister Gardner and I still walk outside so we see each other but it is so dark at 6:00 a.m that we still don't really see us or others. Because of that I decided we needed a neighborhood party. So I organized a scones in the snow party. We invited the neighborhood and told them to wear their winter clothes and to come have hot chocolate and scones in our garage and bring the kids. I didn't think we would get many people because I either got calls or people told me they were going to be out of town. But yesterday we had our party and we cleaned the garage out set up the camp stoves and cooked yummy scones with honey butter and we had 50 people come. It was a great event and I have had many people thank me for getting us together in the winter. So if you want to be popular with the neighbors have scones you don't need to even have snow to have fun. It works well because you don't need a large house or room just do it outside.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You are such a neat neighbor.....I love that you had a party in your garage! That is so fun!

Melinda said...

I think we would have to clean our garage first...:)
Sounds like fun!!!

Flori said...

Yay for you--you'll be more popular now than ever! I wish we could have come to your scone party!! We have had great success with our neighborhood parties too. It's so fun.