Friday, August 14, 2009

Just Married 36 years ago!

This post is dedicated to the one I love! Most of you know that I had my eye on a cute dark haired cub scout way back in 4th grade. Little did I know that we would one day celebrate the same wedding anniversary. Here are just a few facts about us and how we became married.
1. we lived in the same ward
2. we were in the same grade in school
3. his best friend lived next door to me
4. my father was his doctor
5. his sister was my church softball coach
6.my first girls choice date was with him
7. my second date he asked me
8. he was funny and smart I liked that
9.we had a good time talking and I could talk to him about many things
10. he was kind to others
11. he was not afraid to express his belief in the gospel
12. he wanted to go on a mission
13. he went on a mission
14. I wrote to him and dated to make sure I knew what I wanted
15. he came home and I wanted him
16. he asked me to marry him on the Provo temple grounds
17. I said yes
18. we were married in August on the 16th
19. we went on a honeymoon to California
20. we had five wonderful children
21. we are living happily ever looking forward to more days with each other

2 comments:

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

I have the best parents in the world!!! I love you both and hope that you have a great time celebrating together!!! Thank you so much for falling in love 36 years ago! I love the list of facts about you and Dad, I didn't know that he proposed to you on the Provo Temple grounds! That was fun to find out:)I also love seeing the pictures of you when you were first married, some of them I had never seen before! Love you and thanks again for getting married and having such a wonderful family!

Jenn said...

Congratulations, Cecile and Kay. That is so neat! I love the pictures, Cecile. It's a gift to be connected to such a sweet family. I am grateful for you both.