Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day


It was Father's Day yesterday so I was lazy and didn't post.  We had a very nice dinner that Cecile fixed.  We shared it with the missionaries and a neighbor.  Cecile will give details of that.  
We expanded our mission boundaries this last week when a Zone from the Tennessee Nashville Mission was taken from them and given to our mission.  We got 24 new missionaries which included 18 young elders and 6 young sisters.  Two of the elders are from Idaho Falls--one of which was one of my patients along with his family.  I can't remember for sure but I might have delivered him.  It was nice to see him.  We easily recognized each other, so what a fun experience for me.
I was able to visit with all the kids on Fathers Day.  I love my children and their families.  Nothing makes me happier than to know that my families are doing well. 😊

With all the phone calls text message church and having missionaries and a neighbor for dinner we didn't get our weekly letter written.  So we will try and do this letter together.  I will write first as your mother and grandmother.  
 Had a week of mission things to do with a trip to Kingsport which takes a day to travel. I will be very busy these next few weeks with 20 missionaries going home in July.  That is a large amount for one month.  I have to do individual journals for each missionary gong home.  I am also doing the secretary work for the president when it comes to his speaking assignments which he has almost every week.  I just have to make contact with the bishop or stake where he speaks.  
Missionaries are to be fed only when there is a less active or an investigator so we had invited the missionaries for Father's Day dinner.  Dad asked a friend that he has become acquainted with at the pool to come to dinner so we would have a nonmember.  Ell the friend told us a few days before that he would not bre able to come.  We wondered how it would work to not have the nonmember when the missionaries came.  Well the Saturday before the Sunday dinner.  I passed Aladdin in our stairwell and said hi.  I walked on then turned around and stopped her and asked here if she was visiting someone in the complex or did she live here.  She said she ld just down the stair s from us.  Had seen us can't and going and so we struck up a conversation.  I learned she lived alone and her son had moved from the area.  She still worked but she was older than us.  I told her we would love to have her over for dinner sometime and I would call her.  I then got her number.   Came home and the thought came to me neither her for dinner tomorrow.  She graciously accepted and we had our nonmember neighbor for dinner with the missionaries.  In a round about way we taught her about the restoration and the importance of families in God's plan. It was a great feeling to be with someone that says.  The things that you have told me sound familiar .  We found out she is Catholic Doesn attend very regularly.
She said she was not looking for a church but would go to church with us sometime.  She doesn't yet know that she is seeking for answers and direction. We really felt good about her.  She felt good about us for she said she had never met Mormons but thought we were so normal and she was so impressed with the young missionaries.  Yeah!! I love it when we can plant seeds of good and know that meeting someone in a stairwell and the next day have them for dinner as if they were dear friends is possible because of the spirit and direction from the Holy Ghost.  Thank you everyone for your prayers as you pray for missionaries.  The missions doing really well there is a surge of baptisms and finding that has not happened in this mission.  We think it is because the missionaries are being obedient to not taking dinner appointments unless the members have a nonmember or an investigator.  That puts them tracting and finding during that prime dinner and evening time when people are home. 
Love you all thank you for calling and talking to dad.  He loves you and we continue to pray for each ne of you.  We especially remember Maddie this week as she travels to Peru.  Love her for this great step of faith and obedience.  A few pictures from this week. 😎
Dad teaching the missionaries at zone conference 

A barn we saw in our travel. They like to put quilt blocks on the fronts of barns.  Cool

No comments: