Sunday, January 22, 2017

Making A Difference

Hello Everyone,
          Another week has flown by.  The Mission President is starting to talk about finding a replacement for us when we go home.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.  I don't want our mission to be over yet but we have less than 5 months left.  We have much to do still.  We want to make a difference still.  I don't know if we've done everything we have needed to do.  It all makes me anxious.  I do realize that one doesn't have to do some big thing.  It can be a series of small and simple things that make a big difference.  The scriptures tell us that by small and simple things great things are brought to pass.  I guess I've talked myself in to thinking that we have been making a difference.
          We have had a very busy week.  We have had four days of Zone Conferences so we have been in Chattanooga, Asheville, Kingsport and Cumberland.  That's a lot of travel.  On Thursday night we decided to stay in a hotel instead of coming home so we drove from Kingsport to Asheville and stayed in a hotel in Asheville.  In the process of travel we went east on I-26 which is in the Blue Ridge area of the Appalachians.  Even in the winter months it's beautiful.  We are thankful for being able to serve a mission.  The winter weather here is quite mild.  I'm thankful for that too.
          I am not thankful for everything, however.  This last week I was eating at a restaurant--a BLT sandwich made with fried green tomatoes.  It was really good.  But in the process of eating one of the teeth next to my front teeth broke right off.  It was not painful but it gave me a Tennessee Hillbilly Smile.  I went to a dentist, Dr. Beeler, who is the son of a couple in our Ward.  He treated me the very next day and gave me a root canal, a post, and a temporary crown all in one day.  I don't have a Tennessee smile any longer.  By the way, I loved the fried green tomato BLT.  I think I'd like to try it again sometime.
          We love you all and hope you have a great week.  The gospel is true and we know it and love it.  It blesses lives in so many ways.
          Love, Elder Christensen, Dad, Grandpa

At Zone Conference in Asheville, NC
Morning sky on the way to Kingsport
Rest stop on I-26 going to Asheville from Kingsport
A Sycamore tree by our house--see all the little round balls hanging on the branches

My Tennessee Smile before getting it fixed--selfie photo








1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh Dad, I seriously LOVE that you posted a selfie with your "Tennessee Smile." Makenna giggled and giggled at the picture. :o) You are brave to have all of that done in one day! Ugh, I'd rather have an epidural than deal with tooth issues. Kisses and hugs to both of you. We love you bunches.