This week has gone by fast. Except I had one little homesick episode on Friday where I realize we still have a long way to go before 18 months is over. I was surprised by this emotion it just hit me. I guess it is because I am not immuned from homesickness. I never have been away from home for so long. I miss everything that is familiar and close to me. People are good here and we are learning to know people in the ward and mission but it is just different not to have people that you normally associate with. So what I am saying is I recognize I am missing ya'll.
So for the weeks adventures. We went to Dalton Georgia to deliver two washers that were replacements for the sister missionaries there. Then while we were there we weaved around some other places and inspected missionary housing. The missionaries so far from the office don't get supplies or packages unless the senior missionaries come or it is zone conference. So they really like it when we come and bring supplies like toilet brushes new scrub pads light bulbs new brooms or mops.
Dad is so good at this job because he can fix things that ar broken. We did need the elders to help us lift the heavy washers in and out of the apartments. By the way Dalton is the carpet capital of the world. I called Sarah Jane while we were so close to Georgia (11/2)hours away and found out bit of information. The. We started noticing big warehouses and factories that said Shaw and Mohawk. We found visitor information at a old old train station. It looked like it could have been built in the late 1800
The thing that was interesting was an outside exhibit that showed two rail ties that were bent upward. They we're called Sherman's neckties. Sherman was a union civil war general who devised a plan to stop confederate troops and supplies from arriving by building bomb fires on the tracks the iron rail would get so hot that when an approaching train came it would buckle the rail and curve up and derail the train. They had a relic of this rail at the train station.
Missionary experience this week came with the Tesla again. It is quite the missionary this car of ours. We were walking into our apartment and another lady was coming in and saw us by the car and said oh you are the Tesla people. So we visited with her and found out she has two daughters. The one daughter knows about Tesla's. The lady was really nice and so we said we would love to take them for a ride in the car. We didn't have free hands to write down information so we said we would come over meet her daughters and give her our cells and get hers. So on a pass along card we gave her our info and we are going to set up a time to take them for a ride and hopefully start a teaching time. We laughed about the car being one of the missionary tools we use to talk to people.
Just to encourage you in your missionary work. Go to dicovermormon.org and check out this great website for investigators to the church. We plan to use this with the people we have gotten contact information from.
I also promised a picture of the lake right outside our window where I saw a guy fishing just this week. It is a tiny lake but it must have fish in it. We also discovered that just down the road is a big marina. We didn't realize that the lake or river or whatever it is is so big lots of big cabin cruisers are moored for the winter there. The lake we live close to must go out to a bigger area of water we really need to get a good map and explore what is here.


1 comment:
Cool that is one spiritual car
Porter
Post a Comment